Re: Fall Gold Hostas

  • Subject: Re: Fall Gold Hostas
  • From: MWenger798@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:08:06 EDT

In a message dated 10/14/2003 11:24:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gw1944@vermontel.net writes:

<< So, I am asking you botanists out there, what factors are at work here in
 keeping some hostas looking good, while other are on the way to their late
 fall oblivion?Perhaps some hosta names have greater staying power? Or
 inexpensive hostas last longer? Just what perversity may be at work?

Good questions and I have wondered the same thing every year.  Some of my
smaller hostas disappeared about a month ago.  Last year when they did that I
thought they were dead but they came right back this year to leave again early.
My Golden Septur and my Emerald Tiara were the first to go last month.
Mary from Gainesville, GA