RE: Fall Gold Hostas

  • Subject: RE: Fall Gold Hostas
  • From: ranbl@netsync.net
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:27:43 -0400 (EDT)

I have been, for years, keeping a record of fall dormancy initation.  It
is fairly related to, but not strictly related to bloom time.  Here an
exception is Turning Point, which bloomed almost 8 weeks ago, but is
still in near perfect condtion.  But in digging a plant I find, thet the
basel bud devlopment is very late, and so the "problem" of the buds
"forcing" at the petiole base, is not as great.  I am not so worried
about how they look here in October, but if they still are in good
condtion then , they will be really great in August.

 My feelings are that we should breed