Re: IAC...Contrary to Bylaws?

Diane wrote:

>   Your Number 3 point hits the nail on the head. The Exec. Board can
> stop any amendment from coming to a vote.  But if it's an amendment they
> DO want, they also have found, in the loophole of Article XII, a way to
> keep the majority of AHS members from being allowed to vote on
> amendments -  if less than 1/8 of the total membership (500 out of 4000)
> attends the convention.  This way they can be more assured of getting
> amendments passed without a 2/3 majority of the ENTIRE membership vote.
>   I hope this has clarified my view.
> Diane
This is in fact worse than a simple vote at the convention.  The Meeting
was attended by many who can be expected to "vote the line"  My
impression, was, that most didn't have time or information enough to
really analize the bi-law changes we voted on.  Addtionally, as Dan
Nelson pointed out during the meeting, many of those most intrested,
(the groewer)were at their vending sites and not able to vote. One
addtional comment, and that is that the meeting had many "non members"
attending.  On several motions a hand count was taken, but no one
checked to see who's hands were being counted.  Ballott voting would
assure all that the vote is fair!
Ran Lydell