Re: Aprhodite vs Plantiginea

Anne, this message may be solace or maybe not.

About 10 years ago Alex Summers got some of the original Chines plant tissue
culture Aphrodite. He grew them on and after some moving around got them to
grow big huge and double blooms.

I watched them for a couple of years and then bought some - moved them 50
miles North - and they sat for 5 years, but no bloom. I checked Alex's plants
at his farm and they were still beautiful, if not bigger blooms with
maturity. One time those blooms were 6-8" across ( got photos to prove it)  -
a mass of beauty and fragrance. I came home and tore mine out, divided them
down to nothing and replanted in full sun. Then waited 3 years:
This evening I took several big double Aphrodite blooms to church - these are
hosta? people said. Yep Not Reaaallly easy to grow, I said.
My advice: make sure they get 3-4 hours hot sun, give the plants a couple of