Re: Hosta Ramblings---and milking the AHS membership

In a message dated 9/6/2000 7:06:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
LakesideRM@aol.com writes:

<< I think every garden should be personal and fill the needs of the
 gardener so if you like mass plantings then that is what you should have but
 from a personal stand point I have to say that the only hosta plantings that
 I don't enjoy are mass plantings.  >>
I appreciate your views. I was in England in July and visited some three
gardens that used mass plantings of hostas. I thought they were charming.
I also found some that were collectors' gardens and liked them too. By the
way, one great garden had a Lakeside collection. So, I guess either approach
will satisy some and not satisy others.

Clyde Crockett z5