Cold Winter Nights?

I know that cold winter nights has a significant impact on the birth
rate of say.... humans.  I am wondering what the effect will be on my
hosta.
All of my streaked plants are now in flower and our evening temps are
repeatedly droping into the low forties and mid to upper thirties and
same being forcasted for the rest of the week.

Should I continue with my pollinations of the blooms or should I throw
the towel in on this years breeding program?  Any info would be
appreciated.

It has been so wet and cool here this summer, that nothing flowered
decently
until just now and all of the plants are bursting with blooms.

Mike
Milw