Re: Not a hosta question

  • Subject: Re: Not a hosta question
  • From: bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:30:14 -0500

Sam wrote:

> Do I need what is in the Temporary Internet Files?  There are tens of
> thousands of files in there (totaling 46.2 MB.) and a lot of them are
> duplicates.  Lots of pix and even e-mails.  If I
> have a cookies file, then why is there a temp. internet file?  And
> then there is the Temp. File,
> what's with that?

Hi Sam
	The temp internet files is the cache I am sure. It is for surfing the
net and not having to keep downloading common files to different pages
or pages you visit often, it just speeds things up. I have never just
deleted them using windows explorer but I am sure it wouldn't hurt as
long as you leave the folder. Netscape or IE is mapped to that folder
for the cache. In netscape anyway you can go to options and just click
on delete and it will clean out the folder for you.
	As far as your running out of ram I talked to the instructor at school
and he said the same thing as Helen, check your virtual memory. I have
my doubts if that is the problem though as long as you have 256mgs of
ram. I sometimes use all the ram in this computer with 128mgs and alot
of programs open but with the 256mg computer downstairs I have never run
low on ram even doing large image files. I think it is just saying ram
when the problem is something else like corrupted os files or program
files.

--
Bye
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/