Re: smaller hostas

  • Subject: Re: smaller hostas
  • From: "W. George Schmid" hostahill@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:24:07 -0400

Hi Mary. All
Golden Scepter and Emerald Tiara are from the Tiara Group amd they come up
fairly early but also go to bed early in late summer. The Tiara Group has
attractive cultivars but they are not long lasting in the South. Fire and
Ice is white-centered and I have not seen any of those (except Undulata)
that last much beyond August. When it gets hot and dry (here since August 1)
they melt out. George

W. George Schmid
Hosta Hill - Tucker Georgia USA
Zone 7a - 1188 feet AMSL