Re: smaller hostas

  • Subject: Re: smaller hostas
  • From: Barbara Jackson jacksonb@brandonu.ca
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:56:37 -0500

Does this mean that the ones that disappeared from my garden in the middle of a scorching heat wave may not be dead but only died back prematurely? A number of my smaller ones (mostly new and smallish plants from last year's purchases) came up fine and grew well untill mid-July when the temperature went through the roof and there was no rain at all for almost 6 weeks. Then a majority of them just faded away even with intermittent soaker hose watering.

BJ in SW MB, Canadian Prairies, Zonee 3ish