smaller hostas

I am finding that with my smaller hostas that they disappear early in the
season.
My Golden Scepter, Emerald Tiara and Fire and Ice are already gone.  Last
year when the Golden disappeared I thought it had died and wrote if off only to
be surprised this spring to find it again.
I wonder why they do that.  All of my others, even though they look beat at
this time of year, still hang out till the frost cuts them back.
Mary from Gainesville, GA

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Coleus, Plantagenia and impatience.JPG]