Re: hosta technique

Bob Axmear wrote:

> RL wrote:
> >
> > Bob Axmear wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello
> > >         I went to Minneapolis this last weekend to the arboreteum. I also went
> > > to an older gentleman's place that sells hostas. His name was Rossing I
> > > think. It this who the technique called rostisizing or whatever it is
> > > called named after.
> > > Bye
> > > Bob
> > > --
> > >        Bob Axmear 208 2nd St Ne  Waukon,Ia 52172-1308 319 568-4859
> > >        Bob
> > Rossing or "rcown Cutting" , is named after Henry Ross, Who also , by the
> > way, Holds the only currently patented Hosta , Solar Flair. Henry lives
> > in Ohio.
> > Ran Lydell
> Hi Ran
>         I though Tony Avent patented Tattoo and Walter's Garden patented
> Aristocrat and another one. I would really be interested in learning
> more about this and what can be propagated.
> Thanks
> Bob
> --
>        Bob Axmear 208 2nd St Ne  Waukon,Ia 52172-1308 319 568-4859
>        http://www.gem-enterprises.com/axmear/home.html  HOSTAS ONLINE
>         http://www.gem-enterprises.com/axmear/webwork.html WEBWORK
My information is, that both these Hostas are  Patent Applied For. That
is , I believe , a seperate process and does not preclude vegitive
propigation. My understanding is , also, that this usually does not lead
to actual patenting. If on the other hand the plants are Name
Trademarked, that means you can not, (unless you have purchased the
plants directly from them), sell the plant under that name. You
should not, in that case propigate more for sale. Clarence Falstead can,
I am sure correct, me in the places I am wrong.
Ran