Re: [IGSROBIN] nurseries in Holland or book?

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] nurseries in Holland or book?
  • From: Mimy Sluiter <manx1@wxs.nl>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:15:06 +0200

Hi Ingrid,
Don't know other than the Dutch "Plant Finder" which is published yearly
- have to look it up though - it might still be in a box from the move.
A very good hardy geranium (and other perennials) nursery here is:
De Hessenhof
Hessenweg 41
6718 TC Ede
phone: +31-318-617334
Open thursday, friday saturday from march 1st to december 1st.
For Dfl 7,50 you can order their catalog with descriptions of 1250
species. Giro-account is 5183380.
Another nursery for pelargoniums (and fuchsias) is:
Wolfhoeksestraat 9
6662 Reeth-Elst
The Netherlands
phone: +31-481-372003
open mon to sat 9am - 5 pm
They carry all kinds from species (also succulents) to most kind of
cultivars and also do have a catalog you can order.

Ingrid wrote:
> Hi Mimy,
> I have heard that there is a book to be had....which publishes the adresses
> of gardens and nurseries to visit in Holland. Is that a fact? Where can I
> get hold of a copy please?
> I have heard some wonderful stories and seen some wonderful pictures from a
> vistit made by my local gardening society....alpines and rhododenrons is
> not my cup of tea really, but as I sometimes think Holland is one gigantic
> greenhouse and nursery with EVERYTHING....so there must be somehting for
> everybody there!
> Wistful in Sweden...where the snow softly falls,
> Ingrid..lost in dreams of Spring!

Mimy Sluiter
cats: <http://welcome.to/Manx> mailto:manx1@wxs.nl
politics: <http://welcome.to/d66.noordholland> mailto:m.sluiter@d66.nl
phone & fax: +31-[0]35-6920501 / cellular phone: +31-[0]6-50278642
*** Moirawin Manx are Magic ***