Re: [IGSROBIN] summer is not here yet in San Diego

Your place does sound rowdy. First it is the dog and now the potted plants.
I dread to think what we'll be hearing next. Petulant pels popping off,

I put up a translucent roof covering with fully open sides to grow some of
my stuff and it is paying dividends this winter. Quite a few of the species
are in bloom and the flowers look much better and last much longer than if
they did not have the covering. However, if I am too lazy the pots get a
bit dry and, if the wind blows too strongly, you can sometimes get one
turned on its side. So, I tried a thick mulch of fine pebbles on pots that
did not have a wide base. No damage yet but stay tuned. It is still January.

By the way, I have been potting on young zonals and, because that leaves me
with less space, I have even planting some out. Not being a zonalian I'd
like to hear if this is too early. They are growing.

San Diego, California