Re: [IGSROBIN] summer growing plants

Glad to hear there is life! Also glad to hear you, like myself, have
bucked the traditional approach. Maybe these plants will do fine if we
don't get them too wet. I know people used to run scared of watering
certain winter-growing succulents in summer but it now looks as though
you can do it provided the mix is really fast draining and moulds don't
get a chance. But I've seen some of them in the ground and they do get
to be quite large. Anyhow, it sure keeps interest going all year. I feel
better about the technique if it works in Florida as well.

On a related topic does it make sense to prune back Regals after the
flowering season has finished to force them into a new season. I have
not tried and it may well be a disaster. Perhaps somebody will come out
of the woodwork to answer that one. What do you think, Robin?

"There is life out there!!

I have had similar experiences, Andrew.  This summer I said the hell
with it
and left my seven sarcocaulon specimens outside in their pots.  They are
only doing well, they are thriving, with multiple flowering flushes.  I
don't even bother to protect them from the Florida thunderstorms that
on almost a daily basis.