Re: [IGSROBIN] Supersoil

Hi Cindi,

>Ok, come clean.  Do you get any sleep at all?

Well Cindi, actually I am on the sleep deprived side of life. I seem to
have about 10 newslist that I subscribe to now as well as my web
searching, Plant growing, and now soapmaking (as if I need something new
to do<G>). I lurk through most of the list but still just sorting the
messages takes longer than I really should be spending on this . A Few
will have to go bye bye soon I think as it is all catching up with me
and affecting my health more than I would like.

> How about you're living a regionally sheltered life?  :-)   It's dark
out, but
> I will go look at the package tomorrow.  I buy it in the giant economy
size

Regiaonally sheltered life??? Moi???? Here I thought all the
Californians thought life didn't exist past their borders ;-) .

Sounds like you have quite a terrain there to haul your bails of mixes
around. Have you had a chance to check out the super soil? From what you
say, Everybody seems to have their own secret mix that they make from
this basic product. I noticed that the plants I got from you last year
had much more Perlite in it than I normally used but then after that I
tried adding more to my mix. I still haven't reached the proportions
that you use yet. My personal choice would be to let the water perk
through the mix alittle more slowly so more of it can be absorbed. I
don't have prize plants though so maybe I don't have it right <VBG>.

> PS  How's the dog?  Mine hasn't eaten anything lately that she
shouldn't have.

I think we have finally found a suitable home for the guy. He hasn't
come back this time. ( I was about to rename the old "Cat Came Back"
folk song and make it more personal at one point.) Now I may not have to
use as much fencing whenever i want to make new plantings and I can even
plan to do some new beds this year without worry that he would want to
help dig them. He really loved a new fertilizer I was using that had
Blood and bone meal in it. I would put it in some large 2-3 gallon or
larger pots as a slow release plant food and comeback later to find the
pots had been all tipped over and dug out. Somone had a dirty snout too
so there really wasn't any mystery as to what was happenning. I had to
plant that fertilizer deep when tranplanting and hope that he wouldn't
catch the scent of it. This year will be different.

Just got my Journal the other day and have been enjoying reading it.
Again good work and a big thank you to all the writers of the articles.
I really enjoy reading it all.

Gotta go for now.

Sincerely,
Dale