  • From: David and Lorna <shaw@TWACORBIES.ORG>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:48:55 +0100

I just came across some references to biocontrol of Botrytis on Cyclamen and
Lily.  Several antagonistic fungi have been used to control Botrytis
including Ulocladium and Geocladium.  I do not know if any biofungicides
with these fungi are marketed but usually biocontrol is not easy.  Best bet
is strict hygiene, low humidity and good ventilation.  Of course there is
chemical control, especially if you are about to lose a favourite plant.

Recent reference is
Kohl et al., (1999)  Biocontrol  44: 329-246

David Shaw
North Wales - near David Barrett but near sea level