Re: Bleach water

  • Subject: Re: Bleach water
  • From: Angie Behnfeldt Akbehn@AOL.COM
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:04:25 EST

 I live in Dayton Ohio and I have success with cuttings under lights in my
basement.  I take the cuttings in September or October any sooner doesn't
seem to work well.  The lights I use are just ordinary shop lights with 1
cool white bulb and 1 warm white bulb in each of them.  I have the lights on
a timer so that they are on 12 hr. each day and I water them twice a week.
Most of my cuttings are the scented pelargoniums but lately I have been
adding fancy leaved and regal plants to my collection.
I am going to try the bleach water as I do have fungus problems sometimes.
Do you think the bleach water would help get rid of fungus gnats too?

Dayton, Ohio