Re: seeds question

  • Subject: Re: seeds question
  • From: "Roth, Barry" BRoth@BROBECK.COM
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:09:57 -0700

The first one is probably meant to be P. rubrocinctum (Latin: red-banded or
-girdled).  According to the site
<http://www2.arnes.si/~mstrli/pelargonium/cordifolium.html>  , P.
rubrocinctum is a synonym of P. cordifolium.  In other words, the correct
name for the species is P. cordifolium.

The same site gives P. synnotii (two n's) as a synonym of P. myrrhifolium
var. myrrhifolium.

I'm not vouching for the accuracy or correctness of this site (taxonomists
can -- and usually do -- disagree), I merely point it out for a clue as to
what your seeds may be.  Best of luck with them,

Barry (not an expert, but a patient web-surfer)