Re: Coincidence Or?

  • Subject: Re: Coincidence Or?
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:49:18 -0400

Cynthia - First, thank you for all your information - Second, I sowed the
seeds in March, in my living room, and it bloomed in August - are you saying
that in April or May when the seedlings were just one to two months old they
set bud - at a height of less than six inches, and an age of under three
months?  These are the scrawniest seedlings I have ever seen,  and so am
just double checking that they could have set seed between starting them in
March and June.  We have had a warmer summer than usual, the heat started
early this year, and although I know what you are saying about drafts, etc.,
the high temperature in my house happens to be a problem now as the house
faces south, the landlord had removed all shade trees.  My living room
literally is like an oven with its south facing windows.  I may have caused
some confusion  - there was a first batch of seeds that I started last
November - the plant I kept from that batch (my reference number plant #
543) has not bloomed (that plant was the one that we discussed putting
outside or in a cooler area of the house)- the two plants that have bloomed
(my ref. #s 154 and 159) are from a second seed batch sown in March, and the
other five plants from this second seed batch have not bloomed.

Laurie A.E. O'Meara

Artist and Horticulturist

ODH, Ornamental Horticulture

Cape Cod, MA USA zone 7