Hi Folks,

Just a note on the state of the worm stuff.
Several months ago I learned of the development of 'Non-Exe" type worms and
viruses being launched against Outlook/Outlook Express, that need only be
previewed (as in, if you read your messages in the preview pane).  Due to
their wide spread implementation and knowledge base, Microsoft Word-based
applications (which Outlook and Outlook Express are)  are far and away
(98%) the targets of these dastardly deeds.

This leap forward in nasty-tech caused me to re-evalute my situation (I
WORK on the web), so I adopted Eudora from Qualcomm as my e-mail handler.
Don't get me wrong, it won't protect from opening exe's etc., but it DOES
take you out of the loop for these kind of attacks. Check the link in
Robert Woodhull's post and you will see that this attack (and to my
knowledge, the vast majority) are directed at, and only affect, the MS
programs. I'm not "Bill-Bashing", just speaking what I believe to be accurate.

Eudora comes in a "Lite" version that is FREE and "Eudora Pro" is something
like $39. The pro version allows multiple addresses and personalities. I
have a half dozen e-mail addresses so I went with the "Pro" and am
completely satisfied. Wonderful filters, and sorting, and the works. And
it's not that different or difficult to learn.

I'm sure there are other programs out there that would serve as well, but I
can only talk about what I have used. If anyone has any other experiences
with alternatives, please speak up. I think everyone should consider an

Sorry so long winded. Let me know if you need info about downloading Eudora.

Shan & Janet in Billings, MT
shan @montana.net
Daffodills and Hyacinths in evidence, patiently awaiting Iris.

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!