AB: Just for Jan Lauritzen

  • Subject: AB: Just for Jan Lauritzen
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 11:11:27 -0500

Pun intended. Earlier on this forum I said ABs filled the slot that the
medians fill in other locales. These clumps are SURPASSING YELLOW, Mathes
'01. It's an OGB type AB. It blooms smaller and before the TBs. One photo
is the clump this year and the other is from 2004. It's never been moved.
This type of bloom occurs on several ABs. They can start the season
earlier, barring weather disasters and prolong the iris bloom season here.
I think they should do that in California as well. Mike Sutton could verify
that or not, I think. Or contact Superstion Iris Gardens for info on that.
Medians don't get enough cold when they need it here to do well with any
consistency. ABs tolerate cold quite well, but don't seem to require it to
bloom well. If what I think the weather is going to do really happens,
without these I wouldn't have had much iris bloom to enjoy, albeit brief.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

__._,_.___