Re: Photo TB: Rave On & Thirps Theories

  • Subject: Re: Photo TB: Rave On & Thirps Theories
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:44:43 -0400

I rarely spot preying mantis this time of the year. They are very tiny
and probably very green at this point. Althought I've watched them
hatch and make the chain down from the case, I rarely see them again
until they are an inch long or better. So hard to see until they start
turning brown. By then they're big enough to eat a house! <vbg>

I can tell they are out there, and busy at work, because I don't see
any aphids! Had them the frist couple of week of iris season, during
the first year I was here, but none since.

<<Don't they know there's food out there for them.?? >>