Re: HYB: a little progress working towards turquoise

Hi Adam,

>> Yeah, I find that things in the Hybridizers group get “lost” beneath the plethora
>> of posts. I miss things over here, too.

>> *sigh*

>> Nice colorations on the styles. It’s turquoise!

Me too! I keep hoping that enough people will see the limitations of Facebook and things will revive over here.
And thanks, yes this one's pretty undeniably turquoise [at least on the stylearms]. Previous generations have been sketchy enough that I could argue with myself that I was just imagining it. Now, just to get that color out onto the falls and/or standards.

Hi Connie,

>> I no longer have the iris beds so I only have a few iris blooms now. I used to
>> have a folder each year on my computer and saved the iris photos from this site
>> for blah winter days when there were no blooming iris to adore. I miss the
>> site and I really miss my iris beds...but time marches on and the acreage has
>> been gone now for almost 14 years...heart surgery takes away a lot of things and
>> the few iris I have at this second house since then are certainly appreciated
>> for the short bloom time we have.

I'm so sorry that you don't still have iris beds now, but glad that you have at least a few iris left. Which ones do you still grow? They must be special ones for you to still make the effort to grow them after heart surgery and a move! I didn't ever usually post pictures that were pretty enough that you would have saved them for later view, but I'll try my best to take better ones and post them here for you when we start getting bloom again.
We've got stalks starting to come up on a few things now.

Best wishes, Tom