Re: Hardy louisiana

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Hardy louisiana
  • From: "Mark Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:58:55 -0400

From: "Mark Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

> Partialy you are correct. Apearance of this flower reminescent to Spuria,
> but without any doubt it is Louisiana. The seed have coating like
Louisianas
> not Spurias. The leaves also are not like those of Spurias. The question
for
> me is only to which species it is close.

Edmundas,
     It is a bit hard to tell, but it could be Iris brevicaulis.  This is
the hardiest of the Louisianas I think.  Does it have zig-zag stems?

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.        [Low 71 F, High 95 F, Rainfall 0.77"]

ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS:  Get your ONElist news!
Join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here: