Re: Unknowns and ID's

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Unknowns and ID's
  • From: "lmmunro" <lmmunro@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:05:56 -0000

Just want to thank you all for your recent feedback on my 'project',
Figured this dreary winter time where there is nothing left in my
garden that is worth taking a picture of, this would be a good time
to spring these on you and put some new stuff on this list.
Once again, I want to emphasize: I am NOT looking for positive iris
ID. I know this would be impossible. These pictures come from a
public garden where many are misnamed. Rather, I am just trying to
divide them into 2 groups: 'reasonable' and 'totally unreasonable',
so we know which ones are definitely misnamed. Those that
are 'totally unreasonable' the names can be removed in the garden,
and research can be done at some further date to attempt to identify.
It rankles me NO END, when I walk thru that garden, and see some
giant red thing with the name 'BLUE SAPPHIRE' under it staring me in
the face. And that identical giant red thing popping up in a dozen
different rows with different names!
And there are many, many instances of this...which in turn give
misinformation to the public who visit.
So thanks again folks.
Laetitia