Two things...

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Two things...
  • From: "black_garden2000" <fietz@rz.uni-frankfurt.de>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:34:42 -0000

Hi all,

a) A belated Merry Christmas to all of you from my Israel trip! May
there be lots of great Irises in anyone's gardens and in the wild
next year.

b) I hereby declare opened the Iris season 2002. I have yesterday
found Iris vartanii (of the Reticulata group) blooming in a Jerusalem
forest in the wild, a violet Iris from the Germanica group in the
Botanic Garden here, and I was told that the first few Iris
palaestina (a Juno) were seen last weekend on the coast near Haifa.
I'll be there early next week when they are expected to be in full

Additionally I saw a few Colchicium, Asphodelus, Crocus hyemalis,
Narcissus tazetta, Ornithogalum, Cyclamen, Gagea and a few more.
Quite a difference from the weather at home... Unfortunately I
haven't any soft- and hardware with me to extract the pics from my
camera nor to get them reduced from their original 1.4 MB - so have
patience until the end of next week.

Best wishes,

Thomas Fietz, Schriesheim, Germany.