HYB: Luminosity & BC
  • Subject: HYB: Luminosity & BC
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 08:07:07 -0500

Well, Duh!
Decadently lying abed until 7:15 this morning, not having to go to work,
it came to me.  Not exactly a flash in the dark, more like a glimmer in the
perpetual fog.
On 6-24-05 I posted a photo of Luminosity with a pink wedge in a standard.
Luminosity is Grace Thomas X Vanity.  Vanity is pod parent of Maria Tormena.
Three years I've been looking at this seedling and never made the connection.
Like so many older things, Luminosity is growing in depleted ground and tends
to bloom poorly in spring and too late in fall.  Used to do fine, so my fault.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis