[PHOTO] Re: chimera | Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:46:42" />

[PHOTO] Re: chimera

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] chimera
  • From: Kitty Johnston kitty@ojai.net
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 08:26:28 +0000

Mike,
It is beautitul.  Is it really this blue?  I bought Pledge of Allegiance years ago from Schreiner's because it looked blue like that in the catalog.  Mine is a plain old purple.  Maybe it is the weather or soil?  Someone said the heat makes the colors lighter.  But your weather is similar to ours so if yours really is that blue, then yes, do intro it.  Even if it isn't, the chimera is fascinating.  I like the idea it blooms differently.  Always a surprise.
Kitty in Ojai waiting for the catalog

Mike Sutton wrote:

Here is my blue and white chimera reblooming yesterday.  It never has bloomed quite as nicely as it's maiden bloom but quite frequently it has white splashes or segments on either the falls or the standards.  I think that I will intro it in 2004 because it is a nice rebloomer (especially the white beards) and I am really intrigued by it's erradicate behavior.  Any input on potential introduction would be appreciated.ThanksMike

JPEG image

GIF image