RE: Re: HYB: Seakist

Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net> wrote:

>Chuck (others), do you have any seedlings from SEAKIST?  Pictures?
>I have a few X white seedling: (IMMORTALITY x CELEBRATION SONG),
>probably none big enough to bloom yet.  Not sure quite what to expect.
>SEAKIST was fertile both ways (a very rare thing here) and put up 3
>stalks the spring after it was planted here (blooming on Schreiner
>origin) - one on the terminal fan and two out of the side of the mother
>rhizome.  It didn't bloom last year, but looks a bit better after
>resting a year.
><Seakist is what I refer to as Emma Cook pattern. A double or better
>dose of dominant amoena gene. The more the dosage the narrower the rim
>pattern. Very neat when conmbined with plicata pattern .  --  Chuck
>Chapman, Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Zone 4/5>
>Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

I have some babies I beleive, but no flowers yet, perhaps this spring.
I think Sandy Ives posted some seedling photos of Seakist X Sargent Preston. These were of variagated foliage plants but no
flower pics yet. He should have some this spring.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: