TB: Rosette Wine (Schreiner '89)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Rosette Wine (Schreiner '89)
  • From: "Cordesview" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:09:36 -0500

This was a first bloom for me.  Rosette Wine froze out the first year, and this would be the replacement.  I had four stalks on a second-year plant.  I don't think that any of the crosses I made with it made pods. . . so that would make it possibly pollen and pod infertile?

The stalks were short, but that was due to my lack of nutrients in the soil.  (this was part of the garden that I completely moved to a different location due to decreased plant vigor and rot.  Needless to say, though, I had a great bloom season this last year!!!)

The iris in the background is a fabulous clump of Sierra Grande.

Adam~
President -- Mio Iriarians
Hillman, Michigan
Region 6