Re: HYB: Mann seedling IC1 X "pretty baby"

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Mann seedling IC1 X "pretty baby"
  • From: "Francesca Thoolen" <arilpums@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:09:50 -0800

You are not alone ... I grow my arilbreds in 12" pots in an unheated greenhouse and I am over 75. Our problem is the young trees of 50 years ago have grown up and there is more and more shade encroaching on the sunny areas. Last summer we had to cut down 7 coast live oaks which were too near the house for fear they might fall on the house during a California storm. Now we have fire wood coming out of our ears!