{Disarmed} Re: Help matching photos to names - labels that STAY and do not fade!

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Help matching photos to names - labels that STAY and do not fade!
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:40:26 -0700 (PDT)

My Brother is a P-touch PC Graphic.  It connects to my computer.
I can use the computer keyboard to type in a list of names (etc), to print on tapes which range from 1/4 to 1" wide.  I can download directly from Word, Access, Excel, etc.;
It will use any size and style font that I wish; use Underline, Italics, Bold, Outline, etc.; Print on 1, 2, 3 lines, etc.; include graphics from clipart, paint, images, etc.  Letters can vary in size and shape by using PrintArt from Word.
The tape I use is called TZ and is laminated.  It comes in black on white, white on black, black on clear, and a number of colors.  It is "peel and stick" and really does stick.  I have had markers in the garden for over two years.  As long as they are applied to markers which are clean and dry, they do not peel off.  I have had NO fading.
I really love this label maker.  It is so easy to use.  I bought it directly from Brother by checking out the labelmakers on their website.  I order the tapes on line because they are sooooo much cheaper than at Office Depot, etc. and there is much more variety available.  The P-Touch was about $115 and the tapes (I use the 1/2" most of the time) are about $10 each with no shipping if I buy $100 dollars worth at a time.  That was easy because I replaced about 900 labels in the iris beds.
Of course the labels can be used for boxes, CDs, tapes, signs, to label iris photos, etc.
Have fun.
Jan in Chatsworth

tmilchh@aol.com wrote:
    I really like my Brother's Label Maker. It makes beautiful black letters on white tape that will not fade or chip off the metal markers. But I also make maps as my dogs tend to dig up my plants occasionally and move my plants.
    Annette in Kentucky

Do You Yahoo!?
http://mail.yahoo.com __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33790&stime=1152423638