RE: TB: VERY RED

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] TB: VERY RED
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:23:24 -0700

A few years ago I had a big clump of Lady Friend.  One evening I saw it glowing red in the light of an Arizona sunset.  I have never seen a redder flower than that one looked at that time.  I ran in, got my camera, and took the picture wondering as I did if the camera could capture than intense red, or if it was just an illusion.  The camera got it alright, just as I saw it.  I have never posted it, because it looks like a fake.  No iris was ever that red, but in regard to this thread, I just might get it, scan it and send it.  Then we will all know what a true red iris would look like if they ever get such a thing.