Re: What kind of Iris is this?

  • Subject: Re: What kind of Iris is this?
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:43:26 -0700

Angela,

There's been quite a discussion on this iris lately. I have them also, or ones similar.   So just decided to order from HIPS, since someone told me mine is maybe "Sierra Blue".  I'll grow them side by side and see what happens. There is quite a variety of iris posted that people call Blue Flag. So that's one of the saga's of historic's I guess and use of common names in different areas.

I posted pixs of what I've called blue flag. They should be in archives.

Angela wrote:

have had these irises for over 15 years.  They love to sit on the top of the ground and do not need any care.  They were transplanted from my grandmother-in-law?s house.  I do not know where she got them or what they are.  She always called them flags.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Linda in CW AZ