Re: HYB: Marking Pods

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Marking Pods
  • From: "Linda Hunt" <nakihee@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:41:49 -0500

That's an interesting technique.  I have lost many a tag also, so a couple of years ago, I started carrying a marker with me when I pollinate.  I write the pollen parent name on the stalk of the pod parent.  This has been fail proof since I started it and no more tags to carry around!  The only time that this gets complicated is if you want to pollinate the same stalk with different blooms and parents.  Then you have to write the name right under the bloom for each cross.  Instead of pulling just the pod, I pull the stalk and then take them in to finish up!  Works like a charm.
Linda in Lascassas