Re: Re: RE: HYB: Breeding away from purple (was for turquoise)

  • Subject: Re: Re: RE: HYB: Breeding away from purple (was for turquoise)
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:24:53 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/2008 1:54:28 PM Mountain Daylight Time, tesilvers@yahoo.com writes:
So, if I'm understanding correctly... if blue and violet stains appear on the paper towel, but could not be seen in the flower, then there's still a good chance that some offspring could be these colors?
Yes.  I was working with recessives and thus trying to eliminate the ones that were pastel because of the presence of an inhibitor -- but it should work in reverse and serve to identify those that have a signficant dose of the precursor pigments that just need to be "turned on" in the next generation.
Sharon McAllister

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.