Re: hairy seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] hairy seedling
  • From: Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 05:26:31 -0800 (PST)

 Margie & Donald; Sorry to intrude on your discussion, but I wanted to agree with Donald that it is not how many buds a plant has, but how floriferous it is and how it presents its flowers. Too many judges don't understand this and rely on counting buds. This cook book technique "may" be okay for judging tall-beardeds, but judging by a recipe is really poor judging. Sometimes I would like to scream when somebody is counting buds and say just observe the clunp for a week and see what it really does.

Yahoo! Groups Links