Re: TB: Romantic Evening and unidentified seedlings...

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Romantic Evening and unidentified seedlings...
  • From: Pearl Doyle pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:42:59 -0600

That would be so depressing to me. Spring slipped in on me unexpected this year. I'm usually watching for every green sprout and was pleasantly surprised to see my first iris on the 15th of February. Everyday I am finding something new blooming. But the most exciting thing so far was the baby iris seedling I found today. It's a Louisiana iris and is from a bee pod of  Clyde Redmond. But I never expected to see anything from the seeds.  I just planted them because I hated to throw them away. Now I have a question. I'm not sure I had any other Lousiana iris at the time that one bloomed. I later added Freddie Boy and Ann Chowning. So my question is "could this be a self pollinated pod?"

mahlberg s wrote:

<Unfortunately those of us in northeastern MN have a while to wait.
Included are a couple of exciting shots, to me. >

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=161161582

Yahoo! Groups Links