Rock garden Iris: Histrioides George

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Rock garden Iris: Histrioides George
  • From: "Jeanette Graham" onthego3@cableone.net
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:03:37 -0800

Histrioides George:  Producing a large flower, it has plum-purple standards with darker falls, deep purple midveins and yellow, white-rimmed blotches.

I am sure this is the right description to the iris, but I could be wrong.  I bought my bulbs from John Scheepers.   I never thought at the time to get the names as I bought a mix batch.

Jeanette Graham

Zone 6a

Twin Falls, Idaho

Strong winds today