Re: AB: sdlg

  • Subject: Re: AB: sdlg
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:57:46 -0500

Donald  --  That seedling is so beautiful that it almost makes me want to try ABs again.  The only one I ever grew was JEWEL OF OMAR, which I gave away after not being able to germinate its few seeds.  I'm sure that had more to do with my inexperience at the time than with any deficiency in the plant.  --  Griff
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 9:30 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] AB: sdlg

First seedlings to attempt bloom last year were from a cross of ZERZURA X
JEHOSAPHAT'S RELIANCE. They are slightly later this year, so I'm seeing
some that got blasted. This is one of those. For some reason, I'm not
finding the caliche tone that shows on several a liability on this bloom.
It's not as white as the photo appears. Aside from the caliche color on the
falls, it's a very pale lavender blue. This is a 2nd day old bloom.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA