Re: TB 'Horned Amethyst' ?
  • Subject: Re: TB 'Horned Amethyst' ?
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:49:13 -0400 (EDT)

The meaning of "self" does vary somewhat. But doesn't necessarily
include beard (or hafts, unless they are glaring). Old colour
classification didn't include beard in colour classification.

"Self" usually means falls and standards same colour, fairly even
colour. I have seen a description say something like "White self with
yellow beard". Also seen ones such as "Blue self including beard".

So don't assume same colour of beard unless stated.

I just checked the pictures. the first one has best possibility of
being correct. Definitely not the plicata.

Chuck Chapman