Re: TB 'Horned Amethyst' ?
  • Subject: Re: TB 'Horned Amethyst' ?
  • From: iris <iris@syix.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:24:42 -0700

Good Morning Paul,

Bluebird Haven is the correct one. No plicatas that were also space age till much much later in the future. I am pretty certain that Sutton's Momentous Occasion was the first true space age plicata. I may be way off base. Mary from Bluebird Haven is very involved with HIPS and has done countless hours of research. I may be way off base about MO  but that is what I remember reading. Austin did much work on the space age iris. That is what his thing was. My mother bought iris from him many years ago in the 1950s.

Good Luck!
Bonnie in wet Ca.