Re: Jungle Shadows revisited

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Jungle Shadows revisited
  • From: "Harold" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:42:46 -0700

Since I have been the instigator on the "ugly" thread, I  want to add that I
can't think of an iris that I hate. I could probably come up with a weed or
two that I hate, but no irises. I have a commercial garden and grow some
cultivars that I don't like just because they sell well. Also grow some just
because my wife has commented that she likes them. The commercial aspect has
forced me to accept that there are different tastes and that doesn't mean
that I am right and the customer is wrong, just "beauty and ugly are in the
eye of the beholder".

I have a set number of spaces to grow irises. I have to make the decision
about what goes into each space. There are more beautiful irises than I have
space for so there is no room for ugly. My acquiring is more organized now
than it used to be. Doubtful that I will get any more ugly ones but if I do,
I know what to do with them.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road