Re: SAFFRON CHARM

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: SAFFRON CHARM
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 12:02:29 -0000

Bill,

> First time bloom here. Different sort of flower... I have no info on
> this flower in my database. Any help out there?

That looks great.  From the checklist it's:

"RB (D.E. Benbow, R. 1953). EC, 28" (71cm), E. Blend of saffron gray
and lavender.  I. stolonifera X TB seedling.  Opington, 1954."

I haven't seen a photo of this before.  The stolonifera shows up
clearly.  I believe this has been used successfully as a parent.
That's if my memory isn't playing tricks.  I tried it once but it
didn't live.  I hope to try again someday.  It's a species cross as
well as being an AB.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA