Re: CULT: red amoena (cameras)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: red amoena (cameras)
  • From: "Sandra" bardraj2003@yahoo.ca
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 20:46:14 -0500

I believe you can get the same type of effect with a digital.  Some digital cameras let you adjust almost anything a film camera will.
Basically, you will lose the background if you duplicate what you are doing with a film camera, i.e. opening up the shutter to let more
light in.  I find it easier to just take the photos in lower light conditions...mornings and evenings.  Using a zoom lens also reduces the
amount of available light.  My camera allows you to set film speed equivalent, if I can get enough light I will use the lower numbers.
I can't remember all the technical terms but I hope this helps.
The stand-out effect results, I believe, from my use of a slow exposure  -- usually 60 or 125, even if the day permits faster -- which I prefer because it brings out the color.  Do any of you digital users have advice on how to get the same effect?  (I'll start shopping after bloom season is over.)  --  Griff

Yahoo! Groups Links