HYB: pod parents
  • Subject: HYB: pod parents
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 22:27:27 -0500

I'm thinking of putting together photos of the parents that have produced
pods and putting them all in a folder for dreaming and reference and
speculation during the winter months when the seeds have been planted. I'm
sorry to say it may not work as well as I'd hoped. Here these were the only
photos from this year of the parents in question. With all the wind, I
guess I didn't go back and take one of a fully open bloom. Hard to believe
I didn't, but I can't find them if I did. A good argument for assigning
seedling numbers pronto. There's so much going on when they are blooming
fast and furious it's really hard to keep up, so these were the only photos
I had of these. Attempting to create the folder is also going to show up
every mis-step I made in keeping the crosses straight. C'est la vie! I
still managed that better this year than any year in the past. So maybe
this pod from a cross of (AT LAST x DESERT FURY) X ((RAMAYANA x LUELLA DEE)
x (ROSEMOHR x ESTHER, THE QUEEN)) will lose the yellow beard. Maybe not.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image