Re: Re: SDB in So. California
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: SDB in So. California
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 20:30:18 -0500

Actually, Little Blackfoot is blooming here today.  IB Cheers didn't live long here either.  I think it bloomed once.

I don't actually think about winter being for the SDB's, like for tulips, but the ones that survive our severe winters and spring freeze/thaw cycles, are pretty hardy here.

My collection is mostly median and dwarf iris, a few species, some spurias and about 150 TB's.

We grow what we can grow, but always testing the limits of our zones, eh.

El