Re: COMP: Plant Record Software

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] COMP: Plant Record Software
  • From: Mike Ayers <otisburg426@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 05:59:12 -0800 (PST)

I had not seen this one before, but a similar
(simpler) and VERY user-friendly program is available
for $29.95 from www.babystep.com/flowers.  (The basic
version is free by downloading, but you need the
Deluxe to add photos and access several other
screens).  I actually have it and love it:  I grow
1,000+ iris and more.  It doesn't offer all the
options of Botanica (that RHS color chart is nice!),
but it's something any gardener can make quick use of,
and is definitely worth checking out.

Mike Ayers
St Louis, MO

 --- John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com> wrote:

> I got this email the other day. I have *NO* idea
> whether it is any good
> or not. Anyone out there know anything about it?
>
> John
>
> > Dear Plant Enthusiast:
> >
> > Looking for a good way to organize your plants?
> Want to keep
> > track of first and last blooming dates?  How about
> an easier
> > way to prepare seed lists, checklists, or
> accession reports
> > that show the details of your plant collection?
> >
> > If you have lots of plants, you'll appreciate how
> helpful
> > The Compleat Botanica software for personal
> computers can be.
> > Visit www.CrescentBloom.com and see for yourself
> what today's
> > plant database software looks like.
> >
> > Organizing, sorting, filtering, and reporting
> collections of
> > specimen like yours is what The Compleat Botanica
> does best.
> > The built-in botanical name spell-checker keeps
> your lists accurate.
> > The taxonomic hierarchy gives you automatic family
> name lookups.
> > With over 45 customizable fields, this database
> can accommodate
> > your specialized needs: natives/aliens,
> propagation, climate zones,
> > height/spread, pictures, acquisition/pricing, and
> much more.
> >
> > Everyone needs help organizing.  The Compleat
> Botanica is simply
> > the most comprehensive and affordable botanical
> software available
> > for personal computers.
> >
> > And from now until November 30, 2001 the price has
> been reduced to
> > just US$ 99.00.  Go to
> www.CrescentBloom.com/OrderDesk/November2001/
> > to obtain this special direct e-mail pricing.
> >
> > Joe Honton

>                          |  Annotation used by
> ancient cartographers
>                          |  to indicate the edge of
> the known world.
> For your Iris gift needs, visit the AIS Gift Shop
> at:
> http://www.AISGiftShop.com
>
> USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
> Fremont, California, USA
> Visit my website at:
> http://www.usjoneses.com
> Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS
> Director, American Iris Society
> Chairman, AIS Committee for Electronic Member
> Services
>
> Subscribe to iris-talk at:
> http://yahoogroups.com/subscribe/iris-talk
> Archives at: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/