REB: Renown X Wearing Rubies maiden

  • Subject: REB: Renown X Wearing Rubies maiden
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:21:28 -0500

In Sept & Oct of 06, Robin posted photos of Wearing Rubies X
Matrix seedlings pretty similar.

As far as goals, well.  I have a seedling from Bonus Mama X Rip City
that, I swear, bloomed at about 4 feet last spring with 5 branches
and at least 14 nicely formed, red mud-colored blooms. The foliage
is robust and stayed nice and was still almost 3 feet tall when killing
frost came, but no rebloom.  This one has a date with it and with
Mountain Sunrise.  Will see what else pops out in spring.

I still mourn a seedling from Double Agent X Memoirs that was
bright white over bright red with yellow edges and beard.  As with
Memoirs, it only lived a couple of years here. That's a color combination
I'd love to get back.  It didn't just draw the eye, it yanked it.

Basically, I'm just trying to get new colors and patterns that will
stay healthy and rebloom here early enough.  If some of the Starring
seedlings aren't too short, I may try that.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5