RE: Re: archives
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE: Re: archives
  • From: <donald@txol.net>
  • Date: 21 Nov 2013 13:24:06 -0800

When I'm posting a reply or comment to a specific post, as in reply specifically to this one, I like to log in and do it via the Yahoo archives.  It's a visual thing.  The reply is indented under the message.  If all replies to that message are posted as replies via Yahoo, then the first post and all the comments are shown, first to last, in a clump.  That makes picking posts on a thread easier than just posting using the subject line.  Also, that way I don't have to worry about messing up the subject line by misspelling or something else because it's a reply to the specific message.  You can't do that via hortnet.  I do use hortnet archives to read and check and read them regularly.  Also, if I initiate a message it's not necessary to login to Yahoo to start one.  I just like replies to something to show directly under the initial post, so I login.  Nowadays I usually just lurk, so I hadn&! #39;t logged in a long while, so the changes were a surprise.  Especially seeing the photos.  Goes to show you can never be sure where things might go when posting.

Donald

---In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, <lmann@...> wrote:

I thought yahoo quit archiving photos a long time ago. I can't remember
ever accessing any of the yahoo groups via yahoo tho, so don't know. I
always signed up via email, avoiding their login stuff.

> I thought that was why the archives moved to hortnet?

Hortnet archives are so easy, why bother with Yahoo? It's not like you
have to register or anything to look at posts.

Linda M